Dalston Office
020 8533 6461
Email Dalston

Stratford Office
020 8534 8852
Email Stratford

Head Office
020 7033 0311
Email HQ


As a sale agent, I have recently been asked on many occasions by buyers, "Does the property have EWS1 (External Wall System) Cert?" and often, I find the answer to that question is a NO. This then creates a headache for the home seller and agent. However, when looking at the RICS guidance, most properties will not require one yet; the issue is coming from the lenders themselves who have strict criteria's different from the guidance set out by RICS. Let us look at the guidelines.

Due to the volume of new legislation that has been drafted by the government within the property sector over the past year or two, you could perhaps be forgiven for not being up to date on the various changes. However, one piece of legislation which could prove to be extremely costly for those unaware, is the fact that tenants can now take landlords to court to seek compensation for disrepairs. In addition to compensation being payable, If the claimant is successful landlords will also have to pay their legal costs, which could total to thousands of pounds. Regrettably, we our having our...

Yet another set of new legislation is under way targeted at raising the standards for rented accommodation. The Homes (Fit for Human Habitation) Act 2018 came into force on the 20th March 2019. It is designed to ensure that all rented accommodation is fit for human habitation, strengthening tenants’ means of redress against the minority of landlords who do not fulfil their obligations to keep their properties safe. Although there are no new obligations for landlords under the Homes (Fit for Human Habitation) Act 2018, it has been implemented to ensure landlords meet their existing obligations...

Landlords with properties in Hackney and Tower Hamlets will now have to hold a licence before they can let out their homes. These licences require landlords to keep their homes in good condition and ensure high standards of management, or risk enforcement from the Council. Do I need a licence? You will need to hold a licence if you own and let out a property housing 3 or more tenants that form more than 2 separate households. For example If you have you have a 2 bedroom apartment where occupied by a couple and their friend you will need a licence. This is known as an Additional Licence. There...

Thinking about broadband speeds in London? Need faster broadband, or moving home and concerned about the internet speed in your new home? Broadband speeds across the capital vary considerably, with some areas among the lowest in the UK. However, there's no need to put up with low speeds, wherever you live. Just make sure you're aware of the options and find the deal that works for you. Superfast Speeds Across the UK...But Not in London You've probably seen adverts on TV, in print, and online, boasting superfast broadband speeds. You might even have heard co-workers, friends, and family...

The Property Ombudsman TSI Rightmove Zoopla Primelocation OnTheMarket